St Paul's, Tongham

St Paul's, Tongham Feature Image

Tongham is now the smallest parish in the Deanery of Aldershot, which extends from Tongham to Aldershot, Fleet and Farnborough. The church is built of hard chalk stone called clunch, and was dedicated on the St Paul's Day (25th January) in 1866.

St Paul’s Church received a generous legacy, and were able to fund some of the fabric work of the church’s Old School with an extension, toilets and improved access. The newly enhanced facilities will benefit greatly both the congregation and the wider community.

Investing in the Church's future

St Tonghams YouthSt Paul’s Church recognise the importance of the young people in its community. In addition, the church were able to use the legacy to invest in their children’s ministry. For three years they were able to part fund a full time Children's and Families Worker.

Over the years this has created a lasting legacy in terms of links into the community through an after school club and the monthly youth group, both of which have been continued. St Paul’s have also been able to build on links with a new toddler group, which thoroughly enjoy the new hall facilities!

Charity Web Design by Adept